Thursday, August 21, 2008

Transitioning to Southern Seminary.

Well, we've been here (SBTS) two and a half weeks. The dust is settling. The boxes are minimal. Steve's job and classes have begun. What a crazy couple of weeks! We are sampling the variety and quantity of churches here in Louisville. This has been a bit hard. Leaving such a wonderful, gospel centered church and an active and loving body of believers is extremely difficult. Not being committed to a body feels foreign. Praise God that we are in a area that has so many churches to choose from. Oh that God would pepper the North with strong Christ centered churches who are not ashamed of the Gospel that exalts Christ and saves souls. Steve and I have spent much time talking about the grain of wheat that falls to the earth and dies in John 12:24-26. Dying is hard. Giving up a life, a home, a group of people and a church is painful. So I keep fixing my eyes on Him whom I'm following and know that He left much more than I did.

1 comment:

steveswife said...

I miss you so much. I didn't realize how much reassurance I got simply from driving by your house and seeing your van in the driveway. How are you really?? Are you feeling settled in the house? How's home schooling? Are you finding any fun places around town?

XOXOXOXO,
Julie